Josh (a.k.a. Smurf) has been coaching runners and triathletes for the past 9 years including beginner to experienced athletes, juniors athletes and masters athletes. There have been many successes in this time including;
* Half Ironman and Long Course World Championship Athletes
* Junior State Triathlon Championship Athletes
* Sprint, Olympic, Half Ironman and Ironman Podium Places
* Half Ironman and Ironman Finishers
* Ultraman Finisher
Combine this with his experience in education as a teacher, middle leader and principal, Josh brings a range of experiences to his coaching and work with athletes.
Our coaching philosophy at Smurf & Smurfette is all about balance, consistency, positivity and life first. Being an age group endurance athlete is a challenge and we are here to support you in reaching athletic performance while balancing this with your life circumstances. Endurance sport is a lifestyle but, unless you are a professional athlete, life comes first and endurance sport comes second. We design programs to meet your needs which will also support you in reaching your athletic goals.
Triathlon Coaching and Programs
Our triathlon coaching and programs are designed to support you in reaching your triathlon and athletic goals while taking in to account your lifestyle and other commitments. We know from experience how challenging it can be to find balance and consistency, so we are here to help.
We have a range of options to meet the needs of all athletes including;
* Beginner, intermediate or experienced
* Sprint, Olympic, Half Ironman or Ironman
* All ages (including junior athletes)
Find below a link to our programs and fees.
Smurf & Smurfette also provide stand alone Strength & Conditioning Programs and Run Programs for all levels and abilities.
* Strength & Conditioning programs are designed for the general person looking to enhance their fitness, strength or weight loss and can also be tailored to meet your athletic or sporting needs
* Run programs, similar to our triathlon programs, support you in reaching your running and athletic goals while taking in to account your life circumstances. Our run programs cater to your goals including;
- Couch to 5k
- 5k, 10k, Half Marathon and Marathon Programs
- Ultra Running Programs (trails, road, 6/12/24 hour events etc.)